ArtsPower's production of Chicken Dance
October 28, 2016 @ 10 AM
ArtsPower’s newest musical portrays the colorful story of Marge and Lola, two barnyard chickens on a mission to win the barnyard talent contest first prize of two tickets to see the great Elvis Poultry in concert! But first, they must present a performance that will score higher than a flock of very talented ducks who seem to have the contest locked up. Can Marge and Lola face their challengers, against all odds, and win the talent contest?
Chicken Dance has been cited with the following honors:
* 2009 National Parenting Publications Gold Award
* 2009 ABC Best Books for Children
* 2009 Book Choice for Oklahoma Celebration of Reading
* 2010 Winner of the Oklahoma Book Award
* 2010 Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book
* 2010 Book Choice for Read Across Oklahoma
* 2010 Nominee for the Wyoming Library Association Best Book
* 2011 Nominee for the Grand Canyon Reader Award
* 2011 Winner of the Donna Norvell Award
Recommended for grades PreK-2.
Jill and John Peterson
The 2016/2017 Beyond the Classroom Series for Students is made possible by the Kinder Morgan Foundation, US Bank, Greater Milwaukee Foundation Mary L. Nohl Fund, Green Bay Packers Foundation, Lynn Chappy, Lynn Sprangers, and Carrie Matteson & Friends.