Beyond the Classroom Policies and Procedures
These Wilson Center policies and procedures are designed to ensure fair and equitable ticketing and registration processes. These policies and procedures may be subject to change at any time.
Ticket requests are submitted online. If you would like our box office to walk you through your ticket request, you can call 262-781-9520. Please allow up to 7 business days for processing.
Please note, ticket requests are not the same as ticket reservations. Your tickets are not reserved until you have signed your ticketing contract and sent in a 20% non-refundable deposit. If your school’s accounting structure or field trip policies and procedures do not allow for you to make deposits, please contact our box office for other options to secure your seat reservation. We are happy to accommodate!
Fees and Pricing
Individual tickets for the Performance Series for Students are $10 per person.
Group tickets for our Performance Series for students are $8 per student, teacher, or chaperone, unless otherwise noted. Please allow at least one chaperone for every 15 students. There is a 10-ticket minimum per performance. Before requesting tickets, be sure to check school calendars for conflicts and transportation availability. Full ticket prices will be charged if your final total drops below 10.
Ticket demand often exceeds availability. To accommodate demand, The Wilson Center reserves the right to cap the number of tickets requested by any given school for each performance. All performances are subject to change and cancellation.
ArtsReach and Lunch Room Requests
ArtsReach opportunities and Lunch Room requests are not handled by our Box Office. Neither of these options will be reflected in your ticketing contract. Our Education Department staff will reach out to you if you have requested one or both of these options. Due to the high volume of request that we receive for these options, those we cannot accommodate will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they were received. ArtsReach requests will incur an additional cost to your group that will require an additional contract and payment.
A minimum of 20 paid student tickets are required to receive 3 free teacher/chaperone tickets. 3 additional tickets will be given at 40 students, 60 students, so on and so forth. This will be reflected in your ticketing contract. Please let us know if you do not need all of the allotted chaperone tickets, so we can make the seats available to other groups.
Making changes to your order
Group reservation numbers may be adjusted until four weeks prior to the performance, pending availability. Please call our box office so we can send you an updated ticketing contract.
Should your group need to reduce the number of tickets requesting, please call our box office so we can send you an updated contract. The Wilson Center must receive written notification of any changes via mail or email no later than the balance due date and an updated contract must be signed. If we do not receive these changes 14 days prior to the show, the contracting organization will be liable for full amount of the contract.
Due to sold out performances, we cannot guarantee additional seats will be available should there be more members in your group on the day of the performance than the number of seats we currently have reserved for you. Additional seats may also result in additional ticket costs that must be paid at the window on the day of the performance.
No refunds or exchanges are possible after final payment is made.
Ticket requests will be honored as long as the performance still has available seats. Once tickets are sold out, The Wilson Center will add your order to a waitlist.
- My Father’s Dragon – Deposit/Full Payment due September 19, 2017
- How I Became a Pirate – Deposit/Full Payment due September 29, 2017
- Guess How Much I Love You – Deposit due September 29, 2017 / Balance due January 12, 2018
- Darius & Twig – Deposit due September 29, 2017 / Balance due January 19, 2018
- My Heart in a Suitcase – Deposit due September 29, 2017 / Balance due February 19, 2018
- A Busy Bee – Deposit due September 29, 2017 / Balance due March 16, 2018
Deposit and Final Payment Deadlines
20% Non-Refundable Deposits must be received by the deadline to secure your reservation. Delays in payment may result in seats given to other schools on our waiting list. Full payment for tickets to attend any Wilson Center Performance for Students must be received 14 days prior to the performance, or your reservation may be canceled. Payments can be made by check (payable to “The Wilson Center”), money order, credit card, or purchase order.
Refunds and Cancellations
Deposits are not refundable. Refunds will be issued only if school is cancelled due to inclement weather or if the event itself is cancelled. The Wilson Center will not issue refunds if tickets are purchased for a day when school is not in session or if transportation is unavailable. Please check your calendars carefully when booking events.
Should your group need to cancel, the Wilson Center requests written notification of cancellation of this contract no later than balance due date. If we do not receive written cancellation by this date, the contracting organization will be liable for full amount of the contract.
Special seating requests must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the show. The Wilson Center assigns seats via a seating chart in order to accommodate students with special needs and to ensure school group cohesiveness, stage visibility, and efficient auditorium entry and exit. Seating assignments do not correlate to when the ticket request is received. No physical tickets will be sent out, please check in with an usher with your school name when you arrive.
The Wilson Center has a limited number of wheel chair accessible seats. Please let us know as soon as possible if your group will need any of these seats so we can accommodate your group.
If your performance is in the intimate venue of our Dawes Studio Theatre, students will be seated in rows on the floor, assembly style. This allows students an interactive “front seat” to the performance. If the number of adults attending this performance exceeds the number of chairs that fit in this space, a few teachers or chaperones may be kindly asked to sit with their students.
Arrival and Departure Instructions
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the performance. If you need to leave early or to be released first due to time constraints, we ask that you let us know in advance.
- We encourage all schools to contact their bus company the day prior to confirm pick-up and drop off times, as well as pick-up and drop-off addresses.
- Buses should use Soerens Circle Drive immediately outside of the Wilson Center front entrance for drop-off.
- For the safety of your students, please STAY ON THE BUS until a representative from the Wilson Center has spoken to your bus driver.
- Wilson Center staff will inform bus drivers of the order in which they should return to pick up students. Buses should park in the parking lot for the duration of the performance. (Private cars may proceed directly to the parking lot.)
- Please share with your bus drivers that they are welcome to enjoy a cup of coffee in our Kuttemperoor Grand Hall and relax by the fireplace.
- After the performance, please wait until you are dismissed from the theater by Wilson Center staff.
To promote the best possible experience at the performance, we strongly encourage you to cover the following theater etiquette reminders with your students. Please also share this information with the other classroom teachers attending this performance:
- Do not bring food, drinks, or gum into the theater.
- Ushers are available to help you to your section and/or direct you to water fountains and restrooms.
- You may talk quietly before the performance begins.*
- Turn off or silence all cell phones and watch alarms.
- Due to copyright restrictions and distractions to the performers, photographs and video recordings are not allowed.
- When the lights dim, please stop talking and turn your attention to the stage—the performance is about to begin!*
- Pay close attention during the performance, and be respectful of the rest of the audience and the performers.*
- At the end of the performance, you can thank the performers by clapping.
*If you have a student with special needs who will be making noises during the duration of the performance, or have any students that have an aversion to loud noises, lights, or colors, please let us know so we can provide the best visit possible for this student.