ARTS CAMP: THE ART OF NATURE
Get ready to paint, move, play, and explore! With two sessions offered each summer, Arts Camp: The Art of Nature is a week-long immersive summer day camp that will bring out the science- and nature-loving artist in your child.
Designed for students entering grades 1-6 in the fall of 2018, this uniquely comprehensive arts camp allows students to experience dance, theatre, and visual art through an environmental scope. We will find the rhythms of nature as they choreograph their own dance numbers, search for insects and creatures in Mitchell Park on daily hikes, become a bird or river during theatre performances, find our inner Van Gogh through landscape painting—and so much more! Campers will end the week with an art exhibit and performance to share what they’ve learned. Let your child explore all their talents and give them a summer that will have them bursting with creativity!
Through fun, interactive, and engaging experiences, Arts Campers will:
• Develop an appreciation of the natural world through hands-on activities.
• Increase self-confidence through the arts.
• Develop creative problem-solving skills as they work with peers.
• Discover the wonderful sounds, patterns, colors, and rhythms of their own backyard.
WEEK 1: June 18-22, 2018
WEEk 2: July 9-13, 2018
Beginning at 9 AM and ending at 3:30 PM each day, both weeks of Arts Camp include identical lessons and programming. Please choose the week that best fits into your summer schedule!
Have additional questions?
Click here to see our Arts Camp FAQ Page!
Interested in volunteer opportunities?
Sample Arts Camp Daily Schedule:
- 8:45am – Check-in begins
- 9:00am – Morning Gathering
- 9:30am – Nature Hike in Mitchell Park
- 10:30am – Snack
- 10:45am – Art Class with ArtMovz
- 11:45am – Dance Class with Danceworks
- 12:45pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Nature Class with Wehr Nature Center
- 2:00pm – Theater Class with First Stage
- 3:15pm – Camp Closing Gathering
- 3:30pm – Camp Dismissal
(times and activities subject to change as needed)
Arts Camp: The Art of Nature is sponsored by the Brewers Community Foundation, Inc., MPS Partnership for the Arts & Humanities, the Mueller Family, the Clare M. Peters Charitable Trust, and Waukesha State Bank.