Co-Chaired by Carrie & Paul Matteson and Fred & Barb Syrjanen
SATURDAY, JUNE 4, 2016 @ 5:30 PM
The Big Event serves as the Wilson Center’s celebrated fundraising event. An exhilarating, all-inclusive evening complete with dinner, dancing, and first-class entertainment, The Big Event is also the major channel through which the Center raises funds for educational programming. This is the party you will not want to miss!
- Pre-Show Party featuring open top-shelf bar, delicious hand-passed hors d’oeuvres, and a variety of food stations; exciting voice auctions with one-of–a-kind items; and, of course, an opportunity to mingle with other guests at this high-profile event.
- The unveiling of Wilson Center's inaugural ArtsPark sculpture, "Flit," by Wisconsin artist Nizar Schaller.
- Guest emcee and "WISN 12 News This Morning" Co-Anchor Melinda Davenport!
- The Eddy Award Presentation honoring Donna and Donald Baumgartner.
- The second annual Educational Excellence Award, presented to First Stage Children’s Theatre in recognition of their high-quality educational programs.
- Exclusive Concert from The Hit Men - “The Hit Men are great musicians and, most important, unlike any so-called “tribute band,” they were there when these songs were recorded. Their licks, their solos, their grooves and their harmonies are embedded into the music and essential to the sound of these records that millions would come to love.”
- Post-Performance Party with additional live music and dancing, late-night savory food, desserts, open bar, and more!
Take a look at photos from this year's event!
THE HIT MEN
You loved Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Tommy James and the Shondells. Carly Simon. Cat Stevens. Elton John. Carole King. Jim Croce. Come see The Hit Men, an amazing look back through rock and roll history featuring former members of these mega-star acts performing your favorite songs--from “Oh What a Night," “Who Loves You," “Sherry,” and many other Four Seasons hits to “Peace Train," “Crocodile Rock," “The Loco Motion," “Leroy Brown,” and “Mony Mony." You'll know every word in every song in this night of mega hits–performed by the artists you heard on the original records, listened to on the radio, watched on TV, and saw in concert. During this exciting multi-media production, The Hit Men will regale you with great stories about what it was like on the road and in recording sessions with Frankie, Tommy, Carly, Cat, Jim, and Elton. Relive the glory days of rock and roll with The Hit Men!