ARTS CAMP: THE ART OF NATURE
Get ready to paint, move, play, and explore! Offered for two weeks each summer, Arts Camp: The Art of Nature is a week-long immersive summer day camp that will bring out the science- and nature-loving artist in your child.
Designed for students entering grades 1-6 in the fall of 2017, this uniquely comprehensive arts camp allows students to experience dance, theatre, and visual art through an environmental scope. We will find the rhythms of nature as they choreograph their own dance numbers, search for insects and creatures in Mitchell Park on daily hikes, become a bird or river during theatre performances, find our inner Van Gogh through landscape painting—and so much more! Campers will end the week with an art exhibit and performance to share what they’ve learned. Let your child explore all their talents and give them a summer that will have them bursting with creativity!
Through fun, interactive, and engaging experiences, Arts Campers will:
• Develop an appreciation of the natural world through hands-on activities.
• Increase self-confidence through the arts.
• Develop creative problem-solving skills as they work with peers.
• Discover the wonderful sounds, patterns, colors, and rhythms of their own backyard.
WEEK 1: June 19-23, 2017
WEEk 2: July 10-14, 2017
Beginning at 9 AM and ending at 3:30 PM each day, both weeks of Arts Camp include identical lessons and programming. Please choose the week that best fits into your summer schedule!
Registration closes May 22 or when each week is full. Space is limited!
Prefer not to register online, or are you registering more than two siblings? Call our Education Department at 262-373-5023 to register over the phone.
Have additional questions?
Click here to see our Arts Camp FAQ Page!
Interested in volunteer opportunities?
Applications are now open for high school and college students to join us this summer as our Arts Camp Green Shirts!
Sample Arts Camp Daily Schedule:
- 8:45am – Check-in begins
- 9:00am – Morning Gathering
- 9:30am – Nature Hike in Mitchell Park
- 10:30am – Snack
- 10:45am – Art Class with ArtMovz
- 11:45am – Dance Class with Danceworks
- 12:45pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Nature Class with Wehr Nature Center
- 2:00pm – Theater Class with First Stage
- 3:15pm – Camp Closing Gathering
- 3:30pm – Camp Dismissal
(times and activities subject to change as needed)
In addition to the Wilson Center’s experienced Education Staff, the Wilson Center’s daily camp instructors include the talented teaching professionals from First Stage Theater Academy, ArtMovz, Danceworks, and the Wehr Nature Center.